- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Nuclear Races – Challenge Cup
2. November 2019
A fair competitive wave at November’s Nuclear Fallout. This additional event is exclusive to the first wave of the day. It’s a chance to prove skill, strength & speed & be crowned the fastest and fittest male & female obstacle racer in the land. Win by completing the fully adjudicated 12k course, podium winners will be announced & presentations made on race-day. Prizes include Challenge Cup, cash, Challenge Cup specialised medals, leader board recognition for elite category podium positions.
- The Nuclear Challenge will be chip timed.
- The Nuclear Challenge will have Mandatory & Penalty Obstacles.
- All mandatory obstacles are marked with an M, Mandatory obstacles must be completed and these make up 80% of all the obstacles. These are all achievable and multiple attempts are permitted.
- The remaining 20% of obstacles are our signature obstacles, which are more technical in nature, you will only have one genuine attempt (any non-genuine attempt may incur a time penalty).
- Will be filmed.
- Have an adjudicator marshal.
- Have a penalty loop for non-completion.
- Penalty loops will be designed to take approximately 3-4 times longer to complete than the obstacle you failed and designed to work the same muscle groups. Penalty loops will have their own marshals. Penalty loops incurred by females may have shortened distances or lighter weights where appropriate.
- Nuclear step-ups will be provided on appropriate obstacles in relation to a runner’s height (failure on an obstacle should not factor in the inability to reach it). The intention is not to give help or an unfair advantage to complete an obstacle but rather allow those who need it to be able to get to the position to be able to attempt the obstacle.
- Obstacles to be completed as directed by marshals/adjudicators.
- Complaints about “fairness and other competitors” must be made 15 minutes after completion of the race. The Race Director’s decision is final.
- COMPETITORS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A NUCLEAR BIB WHICH WILL BE COLLECTED AT REGISTRATION ON RACE-DAY
- No race bib numbers.
- The course will be accessible between 11.00 and 16.00 on the day before the race for inspection and practice in groups of two or more runners. The course risk assessment will also be available for inspection.
- Female racers will start 10 minutes after the male start to allow equal video coverage for both sexes.
- Runners will be expected to warm themselves up.
- Nuclear Fallout non-competitive waves will start 50 minutes after the Nuclear Challenge Cup Race start.
- The amount of mud and water will be limited to allow the obstacles to be as achievable as possible. Sawdust will be available as and when appropriate. Competitors should expect an obstacle heavy course rather than a trail run.
- Finish line Fallout t-shirt & medal for all